[blfs-dev] Gnome app configuration

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 21:24:18 PDT 2013

I've been doing some testing with Gnome apps at version 3.10.  My
experience with them is quite minimal, but they do seem to work for the
most part.

Looking at gedit-3.10.0, the editing fuction works, but the appearance
is dreadful.  The border around the window is fine, but the padding
between the border and the editing field is black.  I can't seem to find
a way to change that.

I can change the editing field to a few themes: Classic, Colbalt, etc,
but the buttons have white text on a gray field when unselected.  That
makes them unreadable.  When highlighted with a mouseover, the buttons
change to a readable background, but there should be a way to customize
a bit more.

Also the spacing for the drop down menu items is zero.

Does anyone know how to modify the settings of apps like gedit?

   -- Bruce