[blfs-dev] ffmpeg-1.2.2 and libvpx-1.2.0

John Burrell john_burrell at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 27 06:45:29 PDT 2013

> I install as a package user. umask gives 0022 when I've su'd into the package.
> Hmm, something is not right on the host though. I've just downloaded a file and it has permission 600.
> I don't understand that, not with umask 0022 - that should produce 644.

FWIW, this is a red herring to the original thread. I recently upgraded the host to Firefox-24.0 and it seems to store all downloaded files with permission 600.
I guess the Firefox folks reason that the file should be rw only by the owner and then the owner can set whatever permissions are appropriate. wget stores them according to the umask set.

jb.