[blfs-dev] Can print - again, but...

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Mon Sep 16 07:32:18 PDT 2013

Em 15-09-2013 13:29, Fernando de Oliveira escreveu:

> Present working status:
>
> LFS    cups     cups-filters    gutenprint    status
> 7.1    1.6.1    1.0.24          5.2.9         working
> 7.4    1.6.1    1.0.38          5.2.9         working

Finally found another system apparently with the same problem as mine,
client is Archlinux, server is Debian 6 (Ref. [1] and [2], they seem to
be identical). In may case, server is Lubuntu 12.04 (Precise). It is an
old HP notebook, which was almost dead, overheating all the time, so I
decided to make it a printer server. Now, it is more "alive', after a
new fan was installed. I could not find what solved the problem for
wkatastrof: cups-1.6.3 from some *buntu repository.

It is not worth to install lfs/blfs only for this purpose. Next month, I
will try to upgrade do Lubuntu 13.10 and a new cups, perhaps a "testing"
one.

I believe the problem is in this log line:

from cups-1.6.3 (no print output):
final_content_type="application/vnd.cups-raster",
document_format="application/vnd.cups-raster"

from cups-1.6.1 (document is printed):
final_content_type="printer/EpsonStylusCX7300LubuntuHP",
document_format="application/octet-stream"

But how to make it work, have no clue.

[]s,
Fernando

[1] https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1319758