[blfs-dev] postgresql, and policy

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 12 12:25:00 PDT 2013

 I've now got the postgresql testsuite working for a normal user,
using the attached patch (based on gentoo, but simplified - they
make one other change, which seems unnecessary, and use @SOCKETDIR@
then sed that to /tmp after applying the patch.

 Bruce managed to get the tests working after su'ing to user
postgres, but that doesn't work for me (details in the ticket).

 This is all because we now move the socket (and lock file) from
/tmp to /run/postgresql.  We do that with a sed, but using sed on
the first of the test files is likely to be error prone (a lot of
other SYSTEMQUOTE lines don't get changed), so I'm inclined to
patch. Which begs the question - should I convert the sed to a patch
and include it all together, as e.g. -use_run- or leave this patch
separate ?

ĸen