[blfs-dev] transmission and qt

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 10:34:22 PDT 2013

Ken Moffat wrote:

> Can I suggest that we consider a freeze for the 7.4 BLFS book (at
> some point) even with tickets outstanding ?

We can do that, but I'd want to minimize the freeze time due to the
upstream churn rate.

>   Many of the changes look benign, but a lot of them are things I
> don't normally upgrade (except for known vulnerabilities).  Equally,
> they don't look particularly important or urgent.

I agree.  I don't normally make many changes to my day-to-day system.
It does remain fairly stable.

> Over the years
> I've seen several cases where a minor upgrade turned out to break
> something else, or to lose functionality.  These sorts of things can
> take a long time to notice.  So on my own systems I tend to leave
> things be until I'm making a fresh build, and then I try to test all
> the things I care about.  That takes quite some time!

That's for sure.  The thing about a BLFS 'release' is that the 'stable'
version will go out of date fairly rapidly.  That's even true for LFS.
We've only has a freeze for about 3 weeks and have almost 10% package
updates standing by for SVN.