[blfs-dev] transmission and qt

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Sep 8 10:15:48 PDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 08, 2013 at 10:24:59AM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
>
> > I will try to install transmission with Qt4. But for now, I am testing
> > firefox-23.0.1-system_cairo-1.patch, that Igor submitted, with
> > xulrunner/firefox. Next, I will be testing another patch for seamonkey
> > and cairo, but it seemed a little different from the one for firefox.
>
> OK, but it would also be very helpful to do some of the other tickets
> for package updates.  Most are point updates and should be easy, but we
> are starting to get behind.
>
> By my count, upstream manages to release about three new releases every
> day.  Most are easy to update, but there are occasional issues.  We've
> been working pretty hard at checking for LFS-7.4 compatibility, but
> that's almost done and we can start looking at new things.
>
>    -- Bruce

 Can I suggest that we consider a freeze for the 7.4 BLFS book (at
some point) even with tickets outstanding ?

 Many of the changes look benign, but a lot of them are things I
don't normally upgrade (except for known vulnerabilities).  Equally,
they don't look particularly important or urgent.  Over the years
I've seen several cases where a minor upgrade turned out to break
something else, or to lose functionality.  These sorts of things can
take a long time to notice.  So on my own systems I tend to leave
things be until I'm making a fresh build, and then I try to test all
the things I care about.  That takes quite some time!

ĸen