[blfs-dev] transmission and qt

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 08:42:03 PDT 2013

Igor Živković wrote:
> On 09/07/2013 05:22 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> Igor,
>>      I see you added a patch for building transmission with qt4.  Are you
>> going to update transmission in the book?  If so, I can take it off my
>> todo list.
>>
>> Actually, the only references to Qt5 in the book are transmission and
>> poppler (optional but I think it's only to create poppler library for
>> qt5).  I'd be in favor of archiving Qt5 and qtchooser from the book for
>> now until Qt5 is used in more places.  It would simplify things quite a
>> bit if we are going to make a BLFS 'stable release'.
>
> Actually, I wasn't going to include it in the official book but will do
> now. I suppose you will remove the instructions for adding -qt4 suffix
> to Qt binaries when you archive Qt5?

Yes, I would do that, but we haven't decided to remove Qt5 yet.  I was
just putting that out for discussion for now.

I suppose that we should decide the Qt5 issue first and then work on
transmission.  Archiving qt5 and fixing up qt4 would not take me long.
I could have that done this afternoon if we decide that's the way to go.