[blfs-dev] Plan for today

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 5 08:36:29 PDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 05, 2013 at 08:56:14AM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Ken Moffat wrote:
>
> > 2. Sshd doesn't start - moans about /proc/oom_score_adj which seems
> > not to exist [ scrawled note among the several errors I got, might
> > not have copied all of it ] - perhaps ${pid} is somehow not set
> > although that line of the bootscript hasn't changed.

 Long story short : after the build I came out of chroot.  I don't
recall exactly why I went in again, but one of the tests in my scripts
failed - I overwrote /etc/passwd (but not /etc/group, for which there
was a similar test).

 The rpc problem was actually a missing /etc/netconfig (I added that
to my desktops, but not to the server part of hte script) which meant
that rpcbind didn't work.

 Now booted to 7.4.  Sorry for the noise.

ĸen