[blfs-dev] Plan for today

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Mon Sep 2 13:42:23 PDT 2013

On Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 10:42:10AM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Today I plan on continuing building and tagging packages for 7.4.  Right
> now we are about 80% done, but that means there are still about 150
> packages left that are still marked lfs73.

 A handful of those are either in LFS-7.4 or provided by something
in LFS-7.4 (bc, eject, pkg-config).

> One group of packages remaining is the Xorg drivers.  There are 14 still
> marked for 7.3.  I have no way to test these (except maybe fbdev).  I
> think we should mark these as built, but not tested unless we have the
> HW to test. Thoughts?

 In the absence of reports from users, that seems all we can do.

 I'm using dhcp as a client, but I haven't tested the server part.
I could tag it, but I'm reluctant until I know both parts work.
Will be starting a server build soon-ish, but that will take some
time and then I'll need to ensure that everything is still working.
That will pick up dhcp server, fetchmail, hdparm, mutt, procmail.

 How long have I got to tag those ?

 Also, I keep going on about indexing the perl-modules as programs
instead of 'other'.  That's on my ToDo list, but not a priority.

 But  I'd also like to add tags to the few I've built (we tag Python
modules at the moment, but not perl).  Of course I haven't built
most of those in the book, so a lot will still lack any tags. Any
opinions about that ?

ĸen