[blfs-dev] Plan for today

David Brodie lfs at aba.eclipse.co.uk
Mon Sep 2 10:48:06 PDT 2013

On 02/09/13 15:42, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> One group of packages remaining is the Xorg drivers.  There are 14 still
> marked for 7.3.  I have no way to test these (except maybe fbdev).  I
> think we should mark these as built, but not tested unless we have the
> HW to test. Thoughts?

I haven't built it for 7.4, but with 7.3 I had to configure the ATI
Mach64 driver "--disable-exa", to force it to use the legacy XAA
acceleration code, rather than EXA, which it presumably doesn't support.

Otherwise, when I attempted to run any non-trivial GTK+ 2 program, e.g.
gtk-demo, the Xorg server crashed out with a segmentation fault,
apparently when one of the 'exalib' routines called into the video
driver - presumably, the driver has supplied a duff callback pointer or
something similar.

The versions were xorg-server 1.13.2 and 1.14.1 with xf86-video-mach64 6.9.4

David