[blfs-dev] libdrm

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 10:30:28 PDT 2013

Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 01, 2013 at 11:24:32AM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> Ken Moffat wrote:
>>>
>>>    Personally, I think moving it to chapter 24 makes a lot of sense -
>>> the only reason I can see for installing libdrm is to build Xorg.
>>> But that may impact Bruce's scripts to check for newer versions.
>>
>> The scripts can be updated easily enough. In some cases, updates like
>> this may be automatically picked up.  In this case I think it would be.

>   That's good to know.

What the scripts usually do is use the wget-list to get the directory.
If that can be downloaded, the most recent version can be extracted.
The problems come up when upstream doesn't want to let users see the
directory where the tarballs are located.  Then workarounds have to be made.

sourceforge was a pita, but I eventually came up with a workaround there
to make it easier.

gnu stuff is sometimes a problem when they have versioned directories.
then it's up one (or two), and search back down.