[blfs-dev] pango-1.34.0

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Mar 29 20:57:26 PDT 2013

 I was looking at the (few) parts of gnome I still build, and
assumed that I would want the latest pango (1.34.0).  Most of its
dependencies are met by my most recent install, but it fails to
configure becasue it can't find any suitable cairo font backends.

 Digging down, this seems to be because it will only look for
cairo-ft if a suitable version of fontconfig was installed.  And the
suitable version is now >= 2.10.91.  The latest release of
fontconfig is 2.10.2, although there is a later 2.10.92 development
release.

 For the little I'm hoping to build (basically, just gucharmap and
evince with minimal dependencies and without introspection) I'll
take a punt that I don't need pango-1.34.0.  So just a heads up for
anyone who cares about gnome.

ĸen