[blfs-dev] WebKitGTK+-1.10.2 on LFS 7.3

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 27 09:21:07 PDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 06:52:34PM +1100, Wayne Blaszczyk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone successfully built WebKitGTK on LFS 7.3?
>
> I get the following error:
>
> make[1]: Entering directory `/sources/webkitgtk-1.10.2'
> /bin/mkdir -p ./.deps/DerivedSources
>   CXXLD  Programs/WebKitPluginProcess
> /usr/bin/ld:
> Source/WebKit2/Platform/unix/Programs_WebKitPluginProcess-SharedMemoryUnix.o:
> undefined reference to symbol 'shm_unlink@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
> /usr/bin/ld: note: 'shm_unlink@@GLIBC_2.2.5' is defined in DSO
> /lib64/librt.so.1 so try adding it to the linker command line
> /lib64/librt.so.1: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
> make[1]: *** [Programs/WebKitPluginProcess] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/sources/webkitgtk-1.10.2'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Not sure what it is meant by adding it to the linker.
> Also not sure how far away the 1.12 release is.
>
> Thanks,
> Wayne.

 I can't help with your first questions, but for "adding it to the
linker"  it means that you need to add "-lrt" to the linkage.  I
don't have the tarball here (and I probably don't have the deps
anyway), but maybe try passing this in LDFLAGS when you configure,
i.e.
 LDFLAGS=-lrt ./configure ...

 Fedora moved to 2.0.0 (not 1.12 :) a few hours ago.  I guess that is
part of gnome-3.8.  If so, many of the other packages probably need
to be updated before you can build 2.0.

ĸen