[blfs-dev] known to build on 7.3

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 14 17:25:14 PDT 2013

On 03/13/2013 05:02 AM, Pierre Labastie wrote:
> Le 13/03/2013 07:52, Thomas Trepl a écrit :
>> Hiho,
>>
>> in another thread there was the info that comments about packages built
>> against LFS-7.3 would be of interest. I have so far:
>>
>> which
>> bc
>> pcre
>> popt
>> gpm
>> ed
>> sudo
>> openssl
>> openssh
>> curl
>> libidn
>> wget
>> ntp
>> dhcpcd
>> libtirpc
>> attr
>> acl
>> libcap
>> rpcbind
>> nfsutils-client
>> traceroute
>> nettools
>> libgpgerror
>> libgcrypt
>> vpnc    (not in book)
>> unzip
>> zip
>> lynx
>> java    (only binary installation)
>> tcl
>> sqlite
>> db
>> expat
>> pth
>> libffi
>> python2
>> gamin
>> glib2
>> ant
>> libxml2
>> libxslt
>> cyrus-sasl
>> openldap-client
>> postfix
>> mailx
>> sgml-common
>> sgml-dtd
>> docbook-xml
>> docbook-xsl
>> docbook-dsssl
>> fop
>> tidy
>> xmlto
>> fcron
>> alsa-lib
>> alsa-utils
>> bind-client
>> cvs
>> rcs
>> apr
>> neon
>> apr-util
>> subversion
>> libusb
>> libusb-compat
>> pciutils
>> usbutils
>> wirelesstools
>>
>> --
>> Thomas
> You can add gcc, tested on both 64 bit and 32 bit.
>
> I also built openjdk starting from the gcj jvm, using upstream ant and
> ecj binaries.

> [...]
Hmm. I haven't done that in quite a while. I'd be interested to see what
is required now days. I always just bootstrap from my previous
incarnation. I guess it shouldn't be necessary to provide anything more
than CLASSPATH now, but am unsure. Did you do a system install or keep
it isolated in /opt (like in BLFS)?

-- DJ Lucas