[blfs-dev] Various contributions are bkout coming

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Mar 10 18:25:31 PDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 01:56:34AM +0100, Jean-Philippe MENGUAL wrote:

> >  My own feeling is that something like brltty needs someone who can
> > use it and is willing to maintain it.  If you are that person, then
> > I will support giving you editorial privileges when you are ready.
>
> Yes, I would like to be the maintainer of brltty instructions. As well as
> speech-dispatcher. It'd motivate me very much to feel useful for lfs community.
> I write the xml file very soon.
 I'm looking forward to that :)

> > But just adding packages which no existing editor uses is likely to
> > mean they never get updated and wither on the vine.

>  However, I'd like to add
> things which bring a very useful thing: brltty is a recommended dependency of
> orca, speech-dispatcher too. I think essential dependencies for packages described
> in the book should be described.

 For many of us, those packages are at the outer limits - I don't
disagree with your premise, but I don't use speech synthesis (and
probably never will - my ears are worse than my eyes) so I am not
able to contribute in this area.

ken [ instead of 'ĸen', since you have trouble dealing with that
obsolete greenlandic glyph :-) ]