[blfs-dev] Various contributions are bkout coming

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Mar 10 17:42:38 PDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 01:16:26AM +0100, Jean-Philippe MENGUAL wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm about finishing my lfs-7.3 and I'll build blfs against it. I'm going,
> during the process, to work in parallel to contributing to the project. For
> example, I'll send an blog article about quvi this week.
>
> Just now, my questions are:
> - Interested in tags "&blfs_73" (is known to build against lfs-7.3" for packages
> I'll build?
 I think Bruce already asked for _comments_ about packages that are
known to build with 7.3.

> - interested to add brltty to the book?
> - Interested to add Cython module for Python? It'd help brltty to build against
> Python3, as so far it can only build against python2.7, as pyrex only works
> on python2.7. But pyrex seems deprecated, Cython is more recent and brltty
> knows to build against it.
>
> For Cython, help would be welcome. For brltty I can give you a xml file. It'll be
> a good support to build speech-dispatcher, so all the orca's dependencies would
> be shipped in the book.

 My own feeling is that something like brltty needs someone who can
use it and is willing to maintain it.  If you are that person, then
I will support giving you editorial privileges when you are ready.
But just adding packages which no existing editor uses is likely to
mean they never get updated and wither on the vine.

 For Cython, what sort of help do you need ?  There are build
instructions for gentoo (who are always keen on the
[expletive-deleted!:) that is ] Python3, at
http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/dev-python/cython/cython-0.18-r1.ebuild?view=markup

 and for fedora at
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/Cython.git/log/

ĸen