[blfs-dev] Which packages in BLFS are ready for Systemd

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Sun Mar 10 13:45:51 PDT 2013

Systemd Init Scripts For BLFS Services

Systemd Units Provided By Packages:
Autofs: Provided in tarball, configure with --with-systemd - copy
samples/autofs.service
Bluez: Provided in tarball, configure with
--with-systemdunitdir=/lib/systemd/system (bluetooth.service)
Udisks2: Provided in tarball, configure with
--with-systemdsystemunitdir=/lib/systemd/system (udisks2.service)
Colord: Provided in tarball, configure with
--with-systemdsystemunitdir=/lib/systemd/system (colord.service)
UPower: Provided in tarball, configure with
--with-systemdsystemunitdir=/lib/systemd/system (upower.service)
Polkit: Provided in tarball, configure with
--with-systemdsystemunitdir=/lib/systemd/system (polkit.service)
NetworkManager: Provided in tarball, configure with
--with-systemdsystemunitdir=/lib/systemd/system (NetworkManager.service
NetworkManager-wait-online.service)
Wicd: Provided in tarball, configure with --systemd=/lib/systemd/system
(wicd.service)
Alsa Utils: Provided in tarball, run configure normally without using
--without-systemdsystemunitdir (alsa-restore.service alsa-store.service)
D-Bus: Provided in tarball, configure with
--with-systemdsystemunitdir=/lib/systemd/system (dbus.service dbus.socket)
Gdm: Provided in tarball, configure with --enable-systemd
--with-systemdsystemunitdir=/lib/systemd/system (gdm.service)
Fcron: Provided in tarball, configure with
--with-systemdsystemunitdir=/lib/systemd/system (fcron.service)
Avahi: Provided in tarball, configure with
--with-systemdsystemunitdir=/lib/systemd/system (avahi-daemon.service
avahi-daemon.socket avahi-dnsconfd.service)
wpa_supplicant: Provided in tarball, wpa_supplicant/systemd/*.service -
I only use systemd/wpa_supplicant.service for systemd dbus services
activation.

Cups: Apply
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/downloads/cups/cups-1.6.1-socket_activation-1.patch
as the last patch and configure with
--with-systemdsystemunitdir=/lib/systemd/systemd (cups.service
cups.socket cups.path)

Systemd Units Provided By Me:
ISC DHCP Server: dhcpd.service
Apache 2 HTTP Daemon: httpd.service
KDE Workspace KDM: kdm.service

MIT Kerberos5 Services:
krb5-kadmind.service
krb5-kdc.service
krb5-kpropd.service

MySQL: mysqld.service
ISC Bind: named.service

NSCD (installed in LFS with Glibc): nscd.service
NTP: ntpd.service
Postfix: postfix.service
Cyrus SASL: saslauthd.service
OpenLDAP: slapd.service

Samba:
nmbd.service
smbd.service
swat at .service
winbindd.service

OpenSSH - socket activated or standard init script
sshd.service
sshd at .service

Subversion: svnserve.service
UDisks version 1: udisks.service

Not in BLFS:
acpid.service
tor.service

There are at most 3 files for each unit:
filename.service or filename.socket - systemd unit or socket
filename.conf - tmpfiles.d entry - should be placed in /etc/tmpfiles.d
filename - defaults - should be placed in /etc/default and modified to
suit your needs

Services for which I have not checked if they ship systemd units nor I
have them:

PostgreSQL
Atd
NFS (client and server)
RPCBind
ProFTPD
Exim4
Sendmail
Gpm (can be found on google)
Iptables
QPopper
Netfs (systemd should support this natively)
Rsyncd
Stunnel

We should stop shipping these two - I doubt anyone has ever used them
except for KDE
Virtuoso
Soprano

Sysstat
Xinetd (can be found on google or archlinux)

I'll ship my units in bootscripts/systemd of blfs-bootscripts tarball. I
won't create Makefile just yet. If anyone is interested in that, you're
welcome.