[blfs-dev] Broken Links for packages

Treah Blade treah.blade at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 13:18:08 PDT 2013

Hello;

 I was not sure if anyone had noticed that these two packages in the
book for building Xorg 7.7 were not working.

xcb-util-image-0.3.9
http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/individual/xcb/xcb-util-image-0.3.9.tar.bz2
xcb-util-renderutil-0.3.8
http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/individual/xcb/xcb-util-renderutil-0.3.8.tar.bz2

When you attempt to go to the sites listed you get a forbidden message
and the ftp links also do not work. I think this is because of xcb
moving to its own site or some other issue. Its also possible that the
site may just be having issues today. You can find them on the
http://xcb.freedesktop.org/dist/ site. May be worth looking into if
these packages will no longer be made available though the other
listing or if other files associated with xcb are going to become
unavailable.

Treah