[blfs-dev] Xulrunner-18.0.1 installed files ownership

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Feb 24 14:52:25 PST 2013

CC'd to BLFS-Dev

On 2/24/2013 2:39 PM, Thanos Baloukas wrote:
> Hi
>
> I installed Xulrunner-18.0.1/Firefox-18.0.1 today.
> Xulrunner installed most directories and files under
> unprivileged user's ownership. If no one else has noticed that,
> then I must have done something wrong.

You did nothing wrong. I just installed xulrunner (using the
firefox-19.0 tarball) to DESTDIR and I see the same thing:

root at rmlinux: /home/rml/build/mozilla-release > find destdir ! -user root|wc -l
3983
root at rmlinux: /home/rml/build/mozilla-release > find destdir|wc -l
4010

I will include commands to change ownership to root:root when I
update the book to the 19.0 version.

--
Randy