[blfs-dev] kdelibs

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 17:48:37 PST 2013

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote these words on 02/17/13 19:23 CST:
>> Randy McMurchy wrote:
>>> I had to set LIBRARY_PATH=/xorg/prefix in order for kdelibs to perform
>>> "make install". Without it the build fails right at the beginning with a
>>> bunch of message about cannot find -lSM, -lICE, -lX11, etc.
>>
>> I've needed LIBRARY_PATH before to find the Xorg libraries for at least
>> some packages, but my most recent script for kde-4.9.3 didn't need it.
>
> "make install" died immediately for me. With a LIBRARY_PATH setting, it
> ran fine. I'm not sure what to think of that. I was hoping someone else
> could confirm it, so I could update the book, but if I'm the only one that
> needs it, then perhaps it is something on my part. But how could that be
> as "make" ran fine? Very odd.

Looking at my log:

[100%] Built target preparetips-manpage-man-preparetips
Install the project...
-- Install configuration: "RelWithDebInfo"

-- Installing: /opt/kde/lib/libkdecore.so

and later:

-- Installing: /opt/kde/lib/libkdesu.so
-- Set runtime path of "/opt/kde/lib/libkdesu.so.5.9.3" to
"/opt/kde/lib:/opt/qt-4.8.3/lib"

and even later:

-- Installing: /opt/kde/lib/libkio.so
-- Set runtime path of "/opt/kde/lib/libkio.so.5.9.3" to
"/opt/kde/lib:/opt/qt-4.8.3/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib64"

I do have /usr/X11R6 -> /opt/xorg

and

/opt/xorg/lib64 -> lib