[blfs-dev] kdelibs

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 17:23:14 PST 2013

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If someone could confirm the following, it would be appreciated.
>
> I had to set LIBRARY_PATH=/xorg/prefix in order for kdelibs to perform
> "make install". Without it the build fails right at the beginning with a
> bunch of message about cannot find -lSM, -lICE, -lX11, etc.
>
> "make" ran find without issues. Only "make install" has trouble. Note that
> my XORG prefix is in /opt. I've only had one or two other packages (not
> KDE packages) have trouble with X not being installed in /usr.

I've needed LIBRARY_PATH before to find the Xorg libraries for at least
some packages, but my most recent script for kde-4.9.3 didn't need it.

mkdir build &&
cd    build &&

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$KDE4_PREFIX \
       -DSYSCONF_INSTALL_DIR=/etc/kde4     \
       -DDOCBOOKXML_CURRENTDTD_DIR=/usr/share/xml/docbook/xml-dtd-4.5 \
       .. &&

make &&

$SUDO make install

Where $KDE4_PREFIX is /opt/kde and /opt/kde -> /opt/kde-4.9.3