[blfs-dev] udisks-1.0.4

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Feb 17 09:01:19 PST 2013

Randy McMurchy wrote these words on 02/17/13 09:52 CST:

> Package udisks-1.0.4 [snip]

Additionally, could anyone provide a log of "make check". I do not see
where 'sudo' comes into play (listed as a dependency for the tests), but
there is a mention in the Makefile.am file; however, I cannot see that it
does anything. In the tests/run script it says the script must be run by
root, but nowhere is sudo called.

Also, the tests require that /var/lib/udisks and var/run/udisks exist,
these directories will not exist at the time "make check" is run. Lastly,
it wants the SCSI_DEBUG kernel (builtin or module) to be available, which
is unlikely for most folks as it is mentioned as used for developers and
suggested that it not be built unless you know you need it (kernel help
says this).

I'm not going to bother with the SCSI_DEBUG kernel module so I would like
to update the book about the tests. I think "make check" should be omitted
as it is likely to fail for most folks. That's why I'd like to see a log
of completed and PASSED tests as maybe it is worth keeping.

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.23] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
10:54:00 up 73 days, 20:53, 1 user, load average: 0.18, 0.09, 0.03