[blfs-dev] PAM files for kde-workspace

Ragnar Thomsen rthomsen6 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 06:04:17 PST 2013

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Armin K. <krejzi at email.com> wrote:
> It doesn't matter whether it's session or not - env vars are set either way.

Ok, then I will change it to session to be consistent with login file.

> pam_succeed_if is used to prevent root login via kdm.

And is there a reason you want to prevent root login in kdm?

> I don't know what pam_access does

It provides access control using the file: /etc/security/access.conf
I think it should be used with kdm as well.

> ... As for pam_limits, I think it should go there ... I didn't pay enough attention to that.

Yes, I will add it then.

> No. pam_motd and pam_mail are useless for display manager but useful
> when loging in via tty.

Yes, of course, but these modules are not enabled in login file with
BLFS instructions.

> It's used.

Yes, I saw it was used. I was just stating.

-Ragnar-