[blfs-dev] libiodbc overwrites files from unixODBC

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Feb 11 17:58:55 PST 2013

Armin K. wrote these words on 02/11/13 19:15 CST:
> On 02/12/2013 02:12 AM, Randy McMurchy wrote:
>> My script reports this when installing libiodbc after unixODBC is
>> already installed:
>>
>> The following files will be overwritten:
>> /usr/include/odbcinst.h
>> /usr/include/sql.h
>> /usr/include/sqlext.h
>> /usr/include/sqltypes.h
>> /usr/include/sqlucode.h
>> /usr/lib/libodbc.so
>
> Try --disable-libodbc when building libiodbc

This does disable the /usr/lib/libodbc.so symlink but does not prevent
the installation (and overwriting) of the interface headers. We need to
come up with some solution.

At this point, it appears the libiodbc package is the one stepping on
toes, though I would have to really dig into the history of the two
packages to see who really came up with the header names first.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how we should proceed? We simply cannot
allow one package to overwrite header files from another package unless
they were identical (which I have not checked, but is unlikely).

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.23] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
19:54:00 up 68 days, 5:53, 1 user, load average: 0.02, 0.06, 0.24