[blfs-dev] libiodbc overwrites files from unixODBC

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Feb 11 17:12:56 PST 2013

Hi all,

Here's something that doesn't come up very often. It appears that
the libiodbc package in BLFS overwrites files that are installed by
the BLFS package unixODBC (or vice-versa, depending on how you view
it).

My script reports this when installing libiodbc after unixODBC is
already installed:

The following files will be overwritten:
/usr/include/odbcinst.h
/usr/include/sql.h
/usr/include/sqlext.h
/usr/include/sqltypes.h
/usr/include/sqlucode.h
/usr/lib/libodbc.so

This is not good. If this has been discovered and discussed already,
please excuse the noise, but I would like to know what resolution
came from the issue. If it has not been discovered, then I think a
discussion on how to proceed is warranted.

Fortunately I converted to DESTDIR builds and an extensive logging
mechanism years ago, otherwise I would have a very conflicting
ODBC installation on my system (as I think others probably have).

--
Randy