[blfs-dev] Proposition for the GCC page

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Sun Feb 10 14:55:59 PST 2013

On 02/10/2013 11:15 PM, Pierre Labastie wrote:
> Le 10/02/2013 21:35, Armin K. a écrit :
>> On 02/10/2013 03:08 PM, Pierre Labastie wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Here is a patch to update the GCC page, since part of it is presently
>>> inaccurate.
>>> It also reintroduces ADA, and adds GO, for completeness.
>>>
>>> I can make a more complete patch (Changelog entry) if necessary.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Pierre
>>>

>> Okay, I gave it a shot - it looks good with promising test results.
>>
>> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2013-02/msg01113.html
>>
>> I suspect "Out of Memory" tests have to do somethig with stack size. We
>> increase stack size to 32768 and all tests pass. Apart from these, all
>> looks the same as usual for my builds.
>>
>> I'll commit it for now, we can settle everything else later.
>>
>> Thank you for taking time to get this right.
> Thanks Armin, for the fast inclusion into the book.
>
> I think the out of memory error are tcl errors, not gcc.
>
> Amazingly, I have less unsupported tests than you in gcc (and many less
> XPASS or FAIL), but more unsupported tests in g++. I also have many
> more results for gfortran (see attached file).
> But, the results which can be compared (gcc, g++,
> libstdc++, libitm, libgomp, libmudflap) are the same as during an LFS
> build for me.
> I also built and tested on a 32 bit virtual machine, and have almost the
> same
> results. All the libmudflap tests pass, though.
>
> Regards
> Pierre

That's interesting. My test results were always like this when GCC was
built "additionaly" They were like yours when I built LFS first time. I
ussually install Cloog and PPL in LFS, too - so that might cause the
problems (althrough it shouldn't since this time it was using gnat's
gcc, not my system gcc).

$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.7.2/lto-wrapper
Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../src/configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib
--libexecdir=/usr/lib --with-pkgversion='Krejzi 4.7.2'
--enable-languages=c,c++,fortran --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix
--with-system-zlib --enable-nls --enable-clocale=gnu
--enable-gnu-unique-object --enable-plugin --enable-linker-build-id
--with-ppl --enable-cloog-backend=isl --enable-lto
--enable-checking=release --enable-multilib --disable-libssp
--disable-ppl-version-check --disable-cloog-version-check
--disable-build-with-cxx --disable-build-poststage1-with-cxx
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.7.2 (Krejzi 4.7.2)