[blfs-dev] Proposition for the GCC page

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 14:34:11 PST 2013

Pierre Labastie wrote:

> I think the out of memory error are tcl errors, not gcc.
>
> Amazingly, I have less unsupported tests than you in gcc (and many less
> XPASS or FAIL), but more unsupported tests in g++. I also have many
> more results for gfortran (see attached file).

> But, the results which can be compared (gcc, g++,
> libstdc++, libitm, libgomp, libmudflap) are the same as during an LFS
> build for me.

> I also built and tested on a 32 bit virtual machine, and have almost the
> same results. All the libmudflap tests pass, though.

How much memory do you have?  One way to add memory is to add a
swapfile.  Just

# dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile1 bs=1024 count=524288
# mkswap /swapfile1
# chown root:root /swapfile1
# chmod 0600 /swapfile1
# swapon /swapfile1

You may want to make the file bigger, say count=4194304 for a 4G file.

Of course swap is slow, but youo only need it for this one set of tests.