[blfs-dev] Does xterm work for UTF-8 ?

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Sun Feb 10 04:09:55 PST 2013

Le 10/02/2013 12:58, Pierre Labastie a écrit :
> On Debian, the last four lines of /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm are
> commented out (including the faceName one), so those lines might not be
> the ones you want to modify.

Sorry, that is not accurate. I meant that the lines

*VT100*locale: true
*VT100*faceName: Monospace
*VT100*faceSize: 10

are not in the file on Debian. They are there on LFS.

OTH, I just see that comment in the file:
! xterm can switch at runtime between bitmap (default) and TrueType fonts.
! The "faceSize" resource controls the size of the latter.  However, it was
! originally given with a size that makes the two types of fonts different
! sizes.  Uncomment this line to use the same size as "fixed".
!*faceSize: 8

Of course, all I said in the last message applies to the default "bitmap"
fonts. If you have set the fonts to Truetype, that might be that makes the
difference.

Regards
Pierre