[blfs-dev] Does xterm work for UTF-8 ?

Aleksandar Kuktin akuktin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 04:08:56 PST 2013

>On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 02:29:58 +0000
>Ken Moffat <zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com> wrote:

>  So, does xterm handle these glyphs in UTF-8 for anyone ?  If so,
> what do you have in /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm or ~/.Xresources ?

I can confirm that XTerm renders the string correctly for me.

Since I have no idea how does one configure xterm, I have attached the
entire /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm file to this mail. I have no
~/.Xresources. I am also copy-pasting the output of the env command.

HZ=100
SSL_CERT_FILE=/etc/ssl/cert.pem
TERM=xterm
SHELL=/usr/bin/xsacija.bash
HISTSIZE=1500
HUSHLOGIN=FALSE
WINDOWID=12582925
QTDIR=/usr/qt
HISTFILESIZE=1500
USER=ak
XTERM_SHELL=/usr/bin/xsacija.bash
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/qt/bin:/opt/extra/bin:/usr/games/bin
MAIL=/var/mail/ak
INPUTRC=/etc/inputrc
PWD=/home/ak
PS1=\[\033[00m\]\A \[\033[0;32m\]\u\[\033[00m\]@\H \[\033[0;32m\]\w
\[\033[00m\]$
SSL_CERT_DIR=/etc/ssl/certs
XTERM_VERSION=XTerm(276)
XTERM_LOCALE=en_US.UTF-8
HOME=/home/ak
SHLVL=2
LOGNAME=ak
LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/qt/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/extra/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/games/lib/pkgconfig
WINDOWPATH=2
DISPLAY=:0
XAUTHORITY=/home/ak/.Xauthority
_=/usr/bin/env

If you need any more information, let me know.

--
You don't need an AI for a robot uprising.
Humans will do just fine.