[blfs-dev] DejaVu Fonts Instructions

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Feb 6 19:07:27 PST 2013

Ken Moffat wrote these words on 02/06/13 20:52 CST:
>  Do the files from the tarball match what is already installed by
> fontconfig, or are they different/additional ?

The .conf files in the DejaVu tarball are different than any shipped by
Fontconfig. In fact, the README (or whatever it is I read in the DejaVu
tarball) said they are cloned from the Vera fonts (which DejaVu forked).

What that means is uncertain to me, but there are differences in any of
the files installed by Fontconfig. Thanks for responding, Ken, as I am
uncertain of the fontconfig/dejavu/whatever font system. I just install
them and run with it. Tonight is the first time I ever really looked into
the details of /etc/fonts/conf.d, et al.

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.23] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
21:02:00 up 63 days, 7:01, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00