[blfs-dev] man pages permissions wrong: none displayed

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Tue Dec 31 09:10:06 PST 2013

Em 31-12-2013 13:38, Ken Moffat escreveu:
> On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 10:49:48AM -0300, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:

>>> 27-Dec-2013 13:28  xfce4-terminal-0.6.3
>>>
>>> Now, need to see if it is really this one, the problem.
>>>

>> It does not, just installs a man page with 664:
>>
>> /bin/sh -c 'test -d /usr/share/man || mkdir -p /usr/share/man'
>> }}}
>>
>> So, still a mystery.

>  We had this a few months ago - in that case it was the git
> manpages which are shipped in a separate tarball.  Unfortunately,
> this sort of error can remain hidden for several days (or longer)
> until we need to check a man page.

I knew there was a similar problem, and was hoping someone would remember.

You did. Right on the spot: git. I uncompressed the tarballs in a
dir1/dir2/ temp directory, and it changed the permissions. For some
unknown reasons, I followed that thread but did not update my script.
Repeated a wrong install, man problem back, corrected by hand and with
the good script, everything is good, now.

Thanks Pierre and, specially, ĸen and his wonderful memory.

--
[]s,
Fernando