[blfs-dev] [lfs-book] r10418 - branches/systemd/BOOK/chapter06

Nathan Coulson conathan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 19:35:21 PST 2013

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Armin K. <krejzi at email.com> wrote:
> On 12/27/2013 06:26 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>>
>> OK.  For trunk, I really don't see a problem keeping the symlinks for
>> convenience.
>>
>>    -- Bruce
>
> I'm strict to following standards when it comes to them, so that's why I
> am doing (unnecessary) modifications :P

I consider the /usr/man to /usr/share/man to be a compatibility
symlink from an old location to a new location.  But I would prefer to
see packages target the preferred locations (where it makes sense
[simple, and can possibly be submitted upsteam]) instead of working
because we have the symlink in place.

(Just adding my $0.02, I've lived with /usr/info and /usr/man for the
last decade.  I suppose I can live with it a little longer)

--
Nathan Coulson (conathan)
------