[blfs-dev] About requiring "xorg7"

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Thu Dec 26 04:38:45 PST 2013

Em 26-12-2013 07:54, Pierre Labastie escreveu:
> Hi dear fellow editors,
>
> I have seen recent changes requiring "xorg7" for packages pertaining to the
> installation of X (IIRC utils-macros and xcb-proto). This is not a problem in
> itself, since xorg7 is the introduction page, and there has been discussion
> about referring to the introduction for having users set the XORG_XXX
> variables (I do not think this will successful, but wait and see).

The "recent changes" were all done by me and I was expecting reactions,
when did them.

But in the same way as you write, too many recurrent discussions, so I
thought "let us see"...

> But I have seen that xorg7 is used at other places in the book to mean the
> full X install (for example in FOP page, where the it is said "You must run
> this installation from an X-window using a GL-aware Xorg server or some of the
> JUnit tests will hang").

And we see just now :-).

For me, the problem is very particular, in this case. The note should be
modified to be consistent with the rest of the book, any time an
x-terminal is needed for running the tests. If there are no objections,
I would like to ask you, please, to fix the fop page.

--
[]s,
Fernando