[blfs-dev] Subversion update for swig

Aleksandar Kuktin akuktin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 12:30:58 PST 2013

>On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 11:16:34 -0600
>Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Armin K. wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> > Perl bindings are required for git-svn.
>
> [snip]
>
> The best reason I can come up with is that a user may want to only
> use one VCS client instead of two.
>
>    -- Bruce

Suppose you are anal^H^H^H^Hpedantic. And you want to have the complete
repository for all of the packages you use. You don't really need a
specific reason for that - if you are crazy enough to want to have 100
up-to-date repositories, you will always have a reason to do so. Now,
to the best of my knowledge (but I could be wrong), Subversion does not
enable cloning the entire repository the way Git does. In this case,
using git-svn is your best solution. git-svn will pull all the
revisions and organize them into a tree, so that you can then go
through the resulting repository at full speed, looking for stuff that
you want (like the exact revision where some macro that crashes your
build got defined).

--
You don't need an AI for a robot uprising.
Humans will do just fine.