[blfs-dev] Wayland

akhiezer lfs65 at cruziero.com
Sat Dec 14 03:44:43 PST 2013

> From blfs-dev-bounces at linuxfromscratch.org Fri Dec 13 18:20:38 2013
> Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 12:25:39 -0600
> From: Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com>
> To: BLFS Development List <blfs-dev at linuxfromscratch.org>
> Subject: [blfs-dev] Wayland
>
> I haven't been paying much attention to Wayland and didn't understand
> the issues, but a friend pointed me to this talk.  It may be interesting
> to others on the list.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIctzAQOe44

 - yes, that's much more like it; compare'n'contrast with sysd behaviours.

The making-saner of X has been very welcome and refreshing; and look
forward to it continuing. Interesting (& ~obv) that breaking into explicit
modularity was a key step. What stage is work, if any, on doing likewise
for the kernel (as distinct from explicitly micro-kernel &c stuff); Torvalds
hisself acknowledges that it's creaky and over-complex (don't have exact
quotes right here right now) and is/was likely a problem to be dealt with
'manana but soon' (or whatever the equiv would be in units of years). That
kind of thing could help make it more difficult for attempted sysd-like
coups like we're seeing.

Yeah, Wayland/&c branch of b/lfs - could be interested in that; got X++
stuff here (in own-fmts) and 's quite easy and nice to work with.

((
I know that folks can read, but just to flag up - in case of use - the link
on that youtube page, to (a mirror of) the 'original' archive:
  http://mirror.linux.org.au/linux.conf.au/
  http://mirror.linux.org.au/linux.conf.au/2013/ogv/
))

rgds,