[blfs-dev] glibc errors in blfs packages on i686

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sat Aug 31 17:04:47 PDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 09:20:28AM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> OK, I just rebuilt LFS in my sandbox with the new packages.  It was
> extremely clean.  I had no FAILs at all and The only Errors were from glibc:
>
> make[3]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/posix/tst-getaddrinfo4.out] Error 1
> make[3]: [/sources/glibc-build/posix/annexc.out] Error 1 (ignored)
> make[3]: [/sources/glibc-build/conform/run-conformtest.out] Error 1
> (ignored)
>
> OTOH, I understand the concerns.  I'll revert what I did in my sandbox
> and rebuild and from that do -rc2.  I will still take the advice in
> Chapter 3:
>
> "The Linux kernel is updated relatively often, many times due to
> discoveries of security vulnerabilities. The latest available 3.10.x
> kernel version should be used"
>
>    -- Bruce

 In -rc2 I had my normal fails in binutils and parts of gcc (that
was with my usual "set CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS and sweep the static libs
under the carpet, also build using all CPUs" variant.  My glibc
results looked like yours.

 Anyway, I've now completed my normal desktop on x86_64 with intel
graphics.  In case there is any doubt, I am standing by everything I
tagged for 7.4 in -rc1, with the exception of two packages (elfutils
and the ati video driver) that I only build on desktops with an ATI
video chip.  From here it is looking very good.

 Thanks for your work in identifying the i686 problem.

ĸen