[blfs-dev] Mesa test suite

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Aug 30 18:58:48 PDT 2013

 This is for anyone who believes that all test suites should be run.

 In Mesa there _is_ a testsuite, you need to add
--enable-gallium-tests to enable it.

 I first came across it when I was testing an earlier version of hte
9.2 branch, and on my AMD processor one of hte tests failed.  Raised
a bug, was asked to test -master, got a potential fix which didn't
solve the problem (not all AMD processors have all the sse
extensions), asked to do further testing, eventually clarified that
an extra switch is needed to build the debug version : but at that
time it wouldn't build for me and I gave up.

 Now I'm on a genuine intel processor, with intel graphics, so I
gave it another try : 5 failures!

ĸen