[blfs-dev] libreoffice-4.1.1

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Fri Aug 30 14:47:55 PDT 2013

Installing in /opt/libreoffice-4.1.1.2 is as easy as changing replacing
the prefix. I have always used in /opt/.., not in /usr. Is it OK to
change the page so that the user is left with the choice between the two?

I never use the dependencies: Redland-1.0.16 (which requires
Rasqal-0.9.30 > Raptor-2.0.10, all started by R's), OpenLDAP-2.4.36,
Berkeley DB-6.0.20 and unixODBC-2.3.1. Is it OK to move them to Optional?

Python 2 can be used, instead of Python 3 (this is how I use). Is it OK
to add in Recommended 2 as alternative to 3?

Thanks, Ken, for discussing these matters with me.

BTW:

Bruce, is ok to use my system with corrected glibc for development and
tag 7.4? I did tag the java and icedtea-web using it.

Can we go on tagging packages, or need to reinstall everything from
scratch? I think I am not the only one in doubt about this.

--
[]s,
Fernando