[blfs-dev] glibc errors in blfs packages on i686

Baho Utot baho-utot at columbus.rr.com
Thu Aug 29 16:38:50 PDT 2013

On 8/29/2013 6:52 PM, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 06:04:00PM -0400, Baho Utot wrote:
>> On 08/29/2013 05:37 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>>> Right now I'm thinking about a potential BLFS release in mid-October
>>> or early November. After 5 years, what's a month or two? -- Bruce
>> 30 to 60 days?
>>
>> I would like to see LFS-7.4 followed by BLFS-7.4 in a timely fashion.
>   When BLFS was a lot smaller AND still trying to release following
> a new LFS version, several months was regarded as normal!
>
>   Looking at all the things still tagged with 7.3 last night, there
> are a couple that I will be building on my next builds on certain
> desktops, a handful of things which are now in LFS and therefore not
> worth tagging in BLFS IMHO, some things specific to gnome, and a lot
> of things I only ever build for servers or never build at all.  For a
> few of the latter, it's easy enough to build them and test that they
> appear to work.  But for the rest ...
>
>   Once we know what is going to be in LFS-7.4 I guess that you could
> take a look at any of the packages which you care about that are
> still marked as 7.3, and report success (or, indeed, any problems).
>
> ĸen

That is what I am waiting on.
I want to finalize on what LFS 7.4 and then I need to build a server and
some KDE desktops.
That way I can "freeze" my rpm systems on LFS-7.4 and then I can have a
go at BLFS.
I am using the last nite SVN version of LFS calling that 7.4.rc2, that
way when 7.4 finally comes out I am not too far off the mark.
With all the upstream packages coming out at a non sensical pace I
ignore that ( mostly because all the newer versions don't really change
much I only see that as version number bumping ) and just find something
that works.