[blfs-dev] glibc errors in blfs packages on i686

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu Aug 29 16:12:19 PDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 05:58:29PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Ken Moffat wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 04:37:53PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>
> >> Right now I'm thinking about a potential BLFS release in mid-October or
> >> early November.  After 5 years, what's a month or two?
> >>
> >   Yeah.  I might even have upgraded my own server to 7.4 by then.
> > But to be honest, the sooner the better for cutting a BLFS release.
>
> I agree with that, but starting BLFS over loses two weeks of checks.
> There are only 9 open tickets right now that need to be addressed, but
> new packages are released pretty much every day.  It seems we have been
> averaging about 2/day, counting weekends (12 in the last week).
>
>    -- Bruce
 I'm not sure we're understanding each other.  Perhaps it's another
example of "divided by a common language".

 Up until about 24 hours ago (give or take), 7.4-rc1 in BLFS looked
very good.  There is no way I want to lose all that testing.  If
anything new gets picked up now, I hope it will either be by someone
using LFS 7.4-rc, or else a package where the current version is
still tagged for 7.3 so that repeating a 7.3 tag won't cause much
likelihood of conflict.  But I can't speak for what everyone else
with editorial privileges is using.

ĸen