[blfs-dev] glibc errors in blfs packages on i686

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu Aug 29 15:52:37 PDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 06:04:00PM -0400, Baho Utot wrote:
> On 08/29/2013 05:37 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> > Right now I'm thinking about a potential BLFS release in mid-October
> > or early November. After 5 years, what's a month or two? -- Bruce
>
> 30 to 60 days?
>
> I would like to see LFS-7.4 followed by BLFS-7.4 in a timely fashion.

 When BLFS was a lot smaller AND still trying to release following
a new LFS version, several months was regarded as normal!

 Looking at all the things still tagged with 7.3 last night, there
are a couple that I will be building on my next builds on certain
desktops, a handful of things which are now in LFS and therefore not
worth tagging in BLFS IMHO, some things specific to gnome, and a lot
of things I only ever build for servers or never build at all.  For a
few of the latter, it's easy enough to build them and test that they
appear to work.  But for the rest ...

 Once we know what is going to be in LFS-7.4 I guess that you could
take a look at any of the packages which you care about that are
still marked as 7.3, and report success (or, indeed, any problems).

ĸen