[blfs-dev] glibc errors in blfs packages on i686

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu Aug 29 10:42:49 PDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 05:22:32PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 10:02:41AM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> >
> > OK, I'll do a -rc2 today.  I think it best to slip the stable release to
> > September 7.  Should we update to the newer gettext, kbd, and/or kmod at
> > the same time?  Those all seem to have lower potential for problems than
> > the glibc sed.
> >
> >    -- Bruce
>  I'm not in favour of updating anything except glibc.

 Perhaps I ought to explain : we have a problem, which needs to be
fixed.  Adding unrelated updates has some potential to add new bugs.

 ISTR that you suspected gettext might impact unknown packages in
BLFS ?  For kbd, it works for me but there is no way in which it
could be described as an urgently needed update (except for a few
french people who use the keyboard which