[blfs-dev] glibc errors in blfs packages on i686

Matt Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Aug 29 00:34:09 PDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-08-28 at 19:17 -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> In the glibc build procedures, a simple sed to the glibc code seems to
> fix the problem:
>
> sed -i -e 's/static __m128i/inline &/' sysdeps/x86_64/multiarch/strstr.c
>
> I am proposing that we add this to both Chapter 5 and Chapter 6 of LFS.
>   I'm not sure if we need to do an -rc2 or not.

I don't have a problem with that sed.  I realise that upstream doesn't
think it's the correct fix, more of a workaround, but we've quite often
used simple workarounds until a 'proper' upstream fix has been made
available.

I think an -rc2 would be prudent; the sed is admittedly very simple and
I can't see how it could cause untoward issues, but as it's in Glibc
then it's worth being a little cautious I think.

Regards,

Matt.