[blfs-dev] glibc errors in blfs packages on i686

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 19:19:15 PDT 2013

Fernando de Oliveira wrote:

> Bruce, just replacing /lib/libc-2.18.so did no allow the machine to
> reboot. I am a little too tired to go on now, could do wrong things.
> Tomorrow morning, will backup and then try a complete replacement of
> glibc, and the report back.
>
> If you have the LFS book modified by tomorrow, I will test it tomorrow, too.

I was wondering if something like that would happen.

I've created a new branch, /LFS/branches/test, that has the modified
instructions.  You can use that to build a new lfs.

I suppose that you could also try to just chroot from the host and
rebuild glibc as in Chapter 6 with the sed.  I think in that case you
might get away with:

sed -i -e 's/static __m128i/inline &/' sysdeps/x86_64/multiarch/strstr.c

mkdir -v ../glibc-build
cd ../glibc-build

../glibc-2.18/configure    \
     --prefix=/usr          \
     --disable-profile      \
     --enable-kernel=2.6.32 \
     --libexecdir=/usr/lib/glibc
make
make install

Nothing else should change.  The fallback would be to do a complete rebuild.