[blfs-dev] lvm2

David Brodie lfs at aba.eclipse.co.uk
Tue Aug 27 01:03:06 PDT 2013

On 27/08/13 03:20, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Well, I used your input but I still couldn't get the tests to run.  They
> keep hanging on me, starting with the very first test.  I tried
> instrumenting the tests to see where it was failing, but that was
> inconclusive.
>
> What I did do was install lvm2 without the checks.  I then created two
> new partitions and was able to run pv{create,remove,display},
> vg{create,scan,display}, and lv{create,display,scan,extend).
>
> I was then able to format and mount a logical volume.  All looks fine.

Perhaps it's significant that the actual tests use a loopback device,
rather than a physical disk partition. I'd suggest running the tests
with trace (set -x), especially test/lib/aux.sh, which does the
preparation of the loopback devices prior to creating the pv's and lg's
- it produces quite sensible-looking output on my system. (Needs
VERBOSE=1 on the make command line)

David