[blfs-dev] Recent commits and my resignation

John Burrell john_burrell at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 25 07:47:25 PDT 2013

 	23 21:22:36 2013),<1377424377.2737.123 at driftwood>

>=0A=
> The potential advantage of this for BLFS is regression testing: you can=
=0A=
> plug in a new package and see what effect it has on all the others.=0A=
>=0A=
> What I don't currently have is a way to parse the docbook and generate=0A=
> automated builds from that. I'm currently doing it by hand. If the=0A=
> instructions are regular enough that a machine can be programmed to=0A=
> follow them=2C it would probably be a good idea to do that.=0A=
>=0A=
> Is there anything currently available along these lines before I go=0A=
> reinvent the wheel?=0A=
=0A=
Yes there is. I took a script originally started by Firerat and extended it=
 and kept it up-to-date.=0A=
=0A=
The script for LFS is at=A0 https://github.com/JohnBurrell/LFS-BuildScripts=
=0A=
=0A=
Read the README and see if it's what you want. It's mainly designed to inst=
all LFS using MSB's package-user management system but I extended it to ena=
ble you to install LFS as root - script version of jhalfs if you like.=0A=
=0A=
The BLFS version is at BLFS-BuildScripts on github. That one is a bit old b=
ut I can update it to be in sync with what I have now.=0A=
=0A=
Recently I've been playing with systemd so both the LFS and the BLFS script=
s will install using systemd as an option.=0A=
=0A=
The BLFS script is getting rather large - it's over 8000 lines so it would =
take you a while to get into it. You might want to take the bare bones and =
write your own version.=0A=
=0A=
HTH=0A=
=0A=