[blfs-dev] Recent commits and my resignation

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sat Aug 24 15:10:01 PDT 2013

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 04:22:36AM +0200, Armin K. wrote:
> On 08/24/2013 03:33 AM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> > Armin K. wrote:
> >>
> >> You take the liberty to modify everything to your liking, so do I. Hang
> >> on, qt4 instructions are comming back. Just needed some clean-ups.
> >
> > You take the liberty of changing things that have been in place for ten
> > years without discussion.  You need to be a part of a team.
> >
> >    -- Bruce
> >

> Now with this, since I don't know to be part of the team, I want to resign.

 I would like to publically thank Armin for the contributions he has
made during the time he spent editing BLFS.  He gave a lot of time
to this and also followed the upstream activities of various
packages and distribution workarounds for various issues, so he was
able to note when new versions were likely to break other packages
and to provide seds or patches to fix things.  Those contributions
will be sorely missed.

 We had differences from time to time - that is normal and healthy.
Some of the differences were also cultural.  Armin provided
justifications for his approach, so I was able to accept why he was
doing things.

 I find the way he was encouraged to quit highly demotivating.
Maybe it works for employees in some places, but it doesn't build
trust.

ĸen