[blfs-dev] libva

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 11:01:40 PDT 2013

Armin K. wrote:
> On 08/23/2013 06:47 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> Is the new libva package applicable to only intel video cards?  It's not
>> obvious to me whether it is or not.

> It was developed mainly for intel cards. You can use it with other cards
> that use vdpau with libva-vdpau-driver.

It's still not clear.  I have nvidia cards.  In one case I'm using the
proprietary drivers.  In another case, the nouveau driver.  Is this a
useful driver for me?  We need to tell the users where this is applicable.

Since the driver appears to be card specific, the section needs to be
moved to the Xorg drivers similar to the Glamor EGL driver.

I'll ask the same questions about libvdpau.  I suspect it's HW specific,
but what hardware?  This too needs to be in the Xorg drivers section.