[blfs-dev] Certificate Authorities Certificates

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Thu Aug 22 05:44:48 PDT 2013

Three points:

First one, I could do, but the other ones, I would prefer, either is a
too important decision or it is too big for me, but if necessary, can try.

1. Minor one, but noticed it, yesterday:

In the book,
cleaning: rm -r certs BLFS-ca-bundle*

However, certdata.txt is left. Is it intentional, or should be cleaned too:

rm -r certs BLFS-ca-bundle certdata.txt

2. Minor one, too:

Never understood: wget is explicitly used, but only optional. Perhaps,
should be placed at "Recommended" or "Required", alternatively, the
comment "a web browser may be used instead of wget but the file will
need to be saved with the name certdata.txt" could be closer to "Optional"?

3. This, I think is important, although, can be delayed. However, it
might be good having it for an eventual BLFS-7.4.

DJ requested a "blob" with how to install or update cacerts for OJDK, in
this page. I would like to open a ticket for us not to forget this. If
needed, I could help. For example, if a xml could be sent to me with the
places and some comments of the new items, and them, I could insert the
commands.

--
[]s,
Fernando