[blfs-dev] Postfix

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 19 12:59:38 PDT 2013

 I've now put Armin's sed for db-6 in at the startof the Configuring
the Build section.  Not tagged as 7.4 (yet), I haven't started
*that* build.  But looking at the page during the edit, I wonder if
we could improve the 'build' commands under Installing Postfix.

 I was going to question the wording where we show the options for
Cyrus-SASL and OpenSSL, and to suggest that we should say something
like "Use the CCARGS and AUXLIBS values for all of the optional
dependencies you wish to support, for example to use Cyrus SASL and
OpenSSL ...".  But then I realised that Cyrus SASL is recommended.

 In what circumstances do people need Cyrus SASL ?  The last time I
used it, I was posting through an account at a previous ISP whilst
not being dialled in to them.  Rather a long while ago.

 Usually, recommended implies either that the usage is broken
without it, or that you have to use extra switches to build without
that dependency.  I assume the Cyrus SASL use case is common enough
that recommending is worthwhile, but perhaps we should briefly spell
out why it is recommended ?

 And then add something like my "Use the CCARGS ..." sentence
earlier in this post ?

ĸen